The mission of The First Tee of South Central Wisconsin is to impact the lives of young people and their families by providing educational programs for youth that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
Our vision is a community in which all kids, regardless of background, are given the opportunity to dream and work for a better future. Our programs empower and help youth towards high school graduation, college readiness, mentoring opportunities, internships and job opportunities. We do this providing comprehensive golf and life skill instruction, strong relationships with mentors, equipped golf facilities and classrooms and a myriad of summer and after school programs.
Since its inception in 1997, The First Tee has:
- Reached over 10.5 million participants.
- Actively engaged 19,000 volunteers.
- Introduced 7,000 elementary schools to The First Tee National School Program, which delivers a structured golf curriculum that promotes character development in a physical education setting.
- 1,339 youth participated in our registered programming.
- 45% of our participants received some form of financial assistance based on need, 47% were minority, and 48% were female participants.
- We partnered with 16 youth service agency partners providing The First Tee experiences to over 1,900 youth.
- Our Learning Centers at Vitense Golfland & Cherokee Country Club continue to provide after school tutoring and recreational programming to 500 youth annually through partnerships with the Madison Metropolitan School District and other youth service agencies. The programming includes academic support, a healthy snack and The First Tee character education.
- 35 schools in South Central Wisconsin utilized our National School Program in physical education classes, exposing the game of golf and its values to 14,000 youth.
- We partnered with our Champions4Kids; Jerry Kelly, Andy North, Sherri Steinhauer, and Steve Stricker, through chapter events and strategic initiatives.
Children 6-18 can participate in programs offered by The First Tee of South Central Wisconsin at all of its locations. Visit the rest of our site to learn more about all of our programs and to learn how you can become involved.
For more details about our home and affiliate sites, programs or financial assistance, please contact our Executive Director, Joe Loehnis, at (608) 327-5514 ext. 700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The First Tee of South Central Wisconsin is a 501(c)(3) organization.